R & M Auction Company was started in 1980 as R & S Auction Company by Ray Overman. In 1983 the name was changed to R & M Auction Co. To include a new partner, Martha Overman. We started doing auctions in a 1200 sq. Ft building & doing onsite auctions. In 1986 we built a 7500 sq. ft gallery, with 4 acres lighted parking just to hold auctions in. Complete with seating for 250+, large display area, office space, snack bar, handicap bathrooms, large rollup door & double opening doors for easy loading. In 1988, we were one of the first auction companies in N.C. to go to computerized bookkeeping.
We perform onsite auction as well. We also offer full auction services for estates, real estate, personal property, vehicles, antiques, household, farm equipment & misc.